Are You Considering the Sale of Your Business?
In 2020, many business owners have faced struggles, and simply operating can require significantly more effort and resources than before the pandemic began. Some owners are deciding to pass the torch by selling their business, so they can retire or take a different route that might be less stressful.
You should carefully consider the pros and cons of selling your company at this time, and some factors to weigh include:
- How is your industry performing in general?
- Has your company performed well in the market?
- How do your future financial forecasts look?
- What are the current interest rates?
- Are you personally ready to bow out of your company?
You should discuss the big picture with a business attorney who can help advise you on the best course of action for you.
Seek Legal Assistance
Selling a company is a major transaction, and you can lose out on a lot if you make an error during the sale. To make sure that your interests are fully protected during this transaction, you want a lawyer’s assistance with:
- Filings required by law
- Profit distribution
- Addressing remaining debts
- Organizing and presenting records
- Drafting and negotiating your business sale agreement
- Addressing any potential antitrust matters
You want the right legal professional negotiating the deal to ensure you agree to favorable terms. They will also provide objective counsel, which is important because selling the business you built can be a very personal matter. A lawyer can help determine the true value of our company and help you obtain the best possible price should you decide to sell.
Seek Advice from a Business Lawyer in Boca Raton
If you are considering the sale of your business, you should not wait to consult with a Boca Raton business attorney at Rubino Findley, PLLC. Call 561.220.8464 or contact us online today.