Is Your Estate Plan Up to Date?
Thousands of people have unexpectedly become seriously ill or passed away in Florida so far in 2020. In times like these, it is common to wonder what might happen if you passed away. Would your property and family be protected by the estate plan you currently have in place? It is always wise to review and update your estate plan on a regular basis with the help of an estate planning lawyer in Boca Raton.
There are several aspects of an estate plan that might need to be updated due to life events or simply due to the passage of time. Some events that might trigger the need for an update include:
- Marriage or divorce
- Birth of a child
- Changes in your other relationships
- Changes to your property and assets
Some common updates might include:
- Updating beneficiaries on insurance policies and beneficiary accounts
- Updating your will to address the future care of your children if needed
- Updating your will or trust to add or remove bequests or distributions
- Creating a living trust (or revoking a joint trust upon a divorce and creating a trust in your name only)
- Updating who will be the successor trustee of your living trust
- Updating your power of attorney or healthcare power of attorney
Relationships change, families change, and our financial circumstances change. Therefore, it is important to make related changes to your estate plan with the help of a Boca Raton estate planning attorney.
Discuss Your Options with an Estate Planning Lawyer in Boca Raton
At Rubino Findley, PLLC, we hope that you and your family stay healthy during these uncertain times in 2020. We are ready to help you address any estate planning changes you might need, or start an estate plan from scratch. Call 561.220.0741 or contact us online to learn more.